One of my favorite flavor combinations is pineapple, jalapeño, and red onion – I like to call it the Trifecta. I especially enjoy that combo on top of a pepperoni pizza (queue arguments about whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza 😂).
Anywho, I love those three veggies together but I hate chopping shiz – so I’ve subbed canned green chili’s in for the jalapeños in my new Trifecta Chicken InstantPot recipe!
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or half of each!)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 (4 oz) cans of chopped green chilis
- 1 (16 – 20 oz) can of diced pineapple – do not drain!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 – 3 tsps crushed chipotle peppers (depending on desired spicyness)
- Hot sauce
- Coconut oil (to grease InstantPot)
- Melt a small amount of coconut oil and use a paper towel to rub around inside of InstantPot insert – this will help prevent sticking. You can easily melt the oil by turning on the sauté setting of the InstantPot for a minute or so.
- Add all ingredients except chicken in to InstantPot. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken to pot and stir/toss to combine with pineapple mixture.
- Close lid and set to Sealing position.
- Choose Manual mode and set InstantPot timer for 27 minutes.
- Allow to Natural Release for 5 minutes, then Quick Release until float valve drops down completely.
- Shred chicken and top with cilantro, limes, and hot sauce! Also great with a clean Ranch dressing or avocado on top. Serve on top rice or cauliflower rice.
Do you enjoy cooking with the InstantPot? I was nervous to try it at first but now I love and it everything I’ve made in it has been awesome!