If you haven’t guessed by now, I love fall (#basic I know). The aesthetic of Autumn reminds me of the Wizarding World. Maybe it’s the cooler weather and clouds that conjures up images of Scotland, or maybe it’s just how vividly Halloween and the changing season are depicted in the books and movies.
During the last few months of the year, I really enjoy seasonal lattes at Starbucks. I’ve had three so far this year (two iced, because it’s still hot AF most days in Texas). I order with almond milk, no whip to limit my diary intake but something in them still leaves me bloated. And some days, I want all the flavor of a fun fall drink without the consequence.
This #realfoodmagic latte is not nearly as sweet as any of the Starbucks seasonal drinks but the cinnamon and nutmeg swirl and frothy creamy NutPods are still tasty. Sipping this frothy elixir makes me feel like I’m relaxing at a cozy booth at The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade, taking a break between shopping at Zonkos and Honeydukes.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (according to personal preference)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice flavor Nut Pods
- 8 oz hot coffee
- You will also need a hand frother.*
- Add spices to a coffee cup or large glass measuring cup (this is not the cup you will be drinking out of).
- Pour hot coffee over spices. Stir thoroughly until well combined. You can even use the frother to help dissolve the spices.
- Stir maple syrup in to coffee mixture.
- Pour Pumpkin Spice Nut Pods in to a large coffee cup (this is the cup you will drink from). Use the frother at a 45 degree angle, moving up and down continuously, for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Gently pour coffee mixture over frothy Nut Pods.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
*Frothing the Nut Pods is optional but it is the only way to create that foamy latte texture. I picked up a frother on Amazon for under $15 bucks!