You know what I love? Eating sweet potatoes. You know what I hate? Chopping sweet potatoes.
Actual footage of me chopping the hardest root vegetable on the planet.
THANKFULLY you can buy pre-chopped sweet potatoes in the freezer section of the grocery store - I've seen them at Whole Foods, Tom Thumb, and Sprouts.
Get out of the kitchen faster and whip up these easy AF, zero clean up sweet potatoes to go with your next Whole30 or Paleo meal! Bonus - you can apply this cooking method to pretty much any frozen veggies - just adjust the cooking time up or down as needed.
- Bags of frozen sweet potato cubes (as many as you need!)
- High heat cooking fat (avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil, or animal fat)
- Sea Salt
- Your choice of seasonings (I like garlic powder and red pepper flakes)
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread frozen sweet potato cubes in a singe layer on a large foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with cooking fat or spray with a Whole30 compliant aerosol can of oil.
- Sprinkle on salt and seasonings. You don't need to use precise measurements - just eye ball it. Rub the oil and seasonings over the veggies with your hands to ensure an even coating (or don't - sometimes I can't be bothered to dirty my hands again and they still turn out great!).
- Pop sweet potatoes in to the preheated oven and set timer for 35 minutes. Check for done-ness and cook longer if needed. Depending on how many bags you are making at once, you may need to roast as long as an hour to reach desired crispy-ness.